18 January, 2009

if only procrastination was a feasible form of employment

I should be working on my exit seminar. But instead, I am going to copy and paste a meme I've read on countless blogs over the last little while... Except I think the line "things you haven't done and don't want to" is a little harsh. There are often things that I just don't think about doing. ... like I would never have said I absolutely WANTED to go to Hawaii, but having gone was really lovely. ... so I'm not shutting the door on my plain font listings. I've also added [square bracket comments].

Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font
I've double-fonted some stuff... things that I've already done, but want to see/do again. Because sometimes once just isn't enough!

1. started your own blog
2. slept under the stars
3. played in a band
4. visited hawaii
5. watched a meteor shower [again and again and again!]
6. given more than you can afford to charity
7. been to disneyland/world
8. climbed a mountain
9. held a praying mantis
10. sang a solo
11. bungee jumped
12. visited paris
13. watched a lightning storm at sea [wanting to see it depends on how close I am]
14. taught yourself an art from scratch [woo hoo knitting!]
15. adopted a child
16. had food poisoning
17. walked to the top of the statue of liberty
18. grown your own vegetables [have in the past, want to again]
19. seen the mona lisa in france
20. slept on an overnight train [more like tried to sleep]
21. had a pillow fight [... broke the record player needle too!]
22. hitch hiked
23. taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. built a snow fort
25. held a lamb
26. gone skinny dipping
27. run a marathon
28. ridden a gondola in venice [though I'd like to try actually poling it too]
29. seen a total eclipse [lunar, yes, solar, no]
30. watched a sunrise or sunset
31. hit a home run
32. been on a cruise
33. seen niagara falls in person
34. visited the birthplaces of your ancestors
35. seen an amish community
36. taught yourself a new language [Italian, by immersion, it was great!]
37. had enough money to be truly satisfied [oh, to not be a poor, starving student!]
38. seen the leaning tower of pisa in person
39. gone rock climbing
40. seen michelangelo’s david in person [want to go back!]
41. sung karaoke
42. seen old faithful geyser erupt [from the middle of the forest no less!]
43. bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. visited africa
45. walked on a beach by moonlight
46. been transported in an ambulance
47. had your portrait painted
48. gone deep sea fishing
49. seen the sistine chapel in person
50. been to the top of the eiffel tower in paris
51. gone scuba diving or snorkeling [and I should again]
52. kissed in the rain [snow, yes, rain, no]
53. played in the mud
54. gone to a drive-in theatre
55. been in a movie
56. visited the great wall of china
57. started a business
58. taken a martial arts class
59. visited russia [particularly Volgograd, for some odd reason]
60. served at a soup kitchen
61. sold girl scout cookies
62. gone whale watching
63. gotten flowers for no reason
64. donated blood [though I'm not sure they'd take me, and I'm pretty scared actually]
65. gone sky diving
66. visited a nazi concentration camp
67. bounced a cheque
68. flown in a helicopter
69. saved a favorite childhood toy
70. visited the lincoln memorial
71. eaten caviar [does roe count? if not, I guess I'm lying!]
72. pieced a quilt
73. stood in Times Square
74. toured the everglades
75. been fired from a job
76. seen the changing of the guard in london [I'd like to pay better attention if I see it again]
77. broken a bone
78. been on a speeding motorcycle [that'd be fun once]
79. seen the grand canyon in person
80. published a book
81. visited the vatican
82. bought a brand new car
83. walked in jerusalem
84. had your picture in the newspaper
85. read the entire bible
86. visited the white house
87. killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. had chickenpox [so PLEASE, no shingles, it's terrible]
89. saved someone’s life
90. sat on a jury
91. met someone famous
92. joined a book club
93. lost a loved one
94. had a baby
95. seen the alamo in person
96. swum in the great salt lake.
97. been involved in a law suit
98. owned a cell phone
99. been stung by a bee [wasp yes, bee, no.]


Interesting... This could lead to all sorts of introspection!

But, instead, I'm going to leave you with this:

No comments: